Friday, January 22, 2010

Globe and Mail Project: #32, INTERNET PHOTOS IMPLICATE MAN IN TURNIP TRUCK TUMBLE

(click on image to view larger version)
After years of denying he had just
fallen off the turnip truck, Internet photos
surfaced of the man in mid-fall.
While conceding he had a passing
resemblance to the young fellow in the
photo's, the man suggested that the
pictures had been doctored.
Collage #32 of my Globe and Mail Project: deconstructing Canada's National Newspaper and putting it back together to try and make sense of the world. Comments by email or Blogger are welcome!
I am submitting today's collage to illustration friday for this week's topic: Clumsy. It seems we can't hide from the camera anymore. Embarrassing photos seem to be popping up all over the web. See: Collage # 13 TELUS TREE FROG LATEST CELEBRITY TO BE ROCKED BY SCANDAL.

4 comments:

SayBlade said...

Or, perhaps the latest in TO today of a ticket collector found napping.

Sad that some people can't cut him some slack though.

Timothy Hunt said...

I checked out your link, SayBlade. I'm sure your man is well paid, but the poor guy works in a glass box. I think you're right since he can't surf the internet or steal office pencils.

Caesar said...

I've never known why it was such a big deal to fall of the turnip truck to being with.

First of all, it's probably messy and dirty there and secondly all those turnips rolling about would sting if they hit you.

You've probably more than likely rolled off the truck as the turnips lodge themselves beneath your torso and the movement of the vehicle jiggles you ever nearer the rear of the cargo box.

It just doesn't seem to me to have any moral implications as to your intelligence as we have been led to believe.

Just my .02 cents.

Timothy Hunt said...

I am sorry if my choice of metaphor has struck a nerve. I have no beef with the turnip, Caesar.